A few tips about Juice cleanses :
1) Preparing for the cleanse. You should start eliminating caffeine, meats, dairy, and processed foods from your diet 2 or 3 days prior to beginning your cleanse.
2) During your cleanse is best to start off your day with a single shot of wheat grass.
3) Its best to consume juices with cruciferous vegetables (romaine, parsley, spinach, kale, chard, collard greens, etc) during the beginning of your day.
4) It’s best to drink red, orange and green veggies through out your cleanse to ensure your body is receiving all the nutrients and minerals you need.
5) Save the fruits (organic and fresh only) for the afternoon. The carbs in the fruit are a quick source of energy and it will be what your body will need in the afternoon. ( Fruits mix better with carrots and beets)
6) If you are tempted to eat during you cleanse, drink coconut water. Coconut water contains over 200 vitamins and minerals. It will give your body the nutrients its asking for.
7) After your cleanse, be cautious with what you introduce into your body. Give yourself a few days before introducing meat, dairy, and processed food. Control the portions of your meals.
8)Remember a cleanse is more effective when its the beginning of a permanent change than a break from bad habits
by: Benny Valdez, Fitness Assistant at Smart Workout